MBBS - Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli, Karnataka
M.Ch (Neurosurgery) - National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bengaluru, Karnataka
FMISS - Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, South Korea
Dr. Umesh Srikantha, is a highly acclaimed neurosurgeon working as a Consultant and Head of spine services at Aster CMI Hospital. His areas of special interest are Minimally Invasive Spine surgery, Endoscopic Spine surgery, complex spine surgery, Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery and Neuro- oncology.
He did his MBBS from Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli, Karnataka, followed by M.Ch training in Neurosurgery from National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore, Karnataka. After working as a general neurosurgeon for a few years, he developed an active interest in the field of spine surgery and further pursued his training by doing a Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery from South Korea. Apart from attending various training programs on MIS in the early days of his career, he is also trained in stereotactic and functional neurosurgery and neuro-oncology. He has been a part of several research projects on brain tumours as well.
An ever enthusiastic professional, he has participated in various programs, attended a number of national and international conferences and has several publications to his credit. He has conducted several workshops and has trained several surgeons from across the country in Minimally invasive spine surgery.
- Silver jubilee award for the best outgoing student from NIMHANS
- Pioneering cadaver work on minimally invasive spine surgery for the cervical spine and cranio-vertebral junction, which has been successfully applied into clinical practice
- Invited faculty for several workshops and conferences on minimally invasive spine surgery
- Conducted several cadaveric hands-on training courses and trained more than 100 surgeons from all over the country on minimally invasive spine surgery
- More than 20 publications in renowned national and international journals and authored chapters on Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery