MBBS| MS (General Surgery)| DNB (CVTS) |PHD - Cardiac Surgery
Dr. Mahadev.D. Dixit is the Chief of Cardio Vascular Thoracic Surgeon at Aster CMI Hospital Bangalore. He has performed more than 20,000 open heart surgeries in his 30 years of astounding experience, in which 4000 were paediatric operations. He has been constantly involved in complex pediatric cardiac surgeries like Arterial switch procedures, Pulmonary conduits, Fonton procedure, Sennigs procedure, etc., He is one of those very few doctors who operates on the entire spectrum of cardiac surgeries ranging from neonatal to transplants including Minimal Access surgeries. To his credit, he has also performed a neonatal cardiac surgery of a baby weighing 900 grams.
He is a life member of, Society of Paediatric surgeons: US, European association of cardio thoracic surgeons, Trustee at Asia heart foundation involved in building heart hospital across the country also Chairman of Priyadarshini Eye Healthcare and Research foundation Belgaum. Earlier, he worked as Professor & Head of Department of CTVS and has been a keen teacher and examined for both MCh (CVTS) & DNB(CVTS). His research Bent of Mind led him to obtain his PHD from KLE University, at present his field of research has been infective role in the etiology of Coronary Artery disease.
• Karnataka State Rajyostava Award “2004” Award is given for extraordinary work in establishing Cardiac Thoracic Surgery in North Karnataka.
• FIE FOUNDATION Award “2005” Ichalkarnji (Maharashtra) Award is given for extraordinary work in Cardio Thoracic Surgeries.
• Honored & awarded for prestigious Dr. C. S. Sadasivan an Oration for the year 2009 of Association of Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgeons of India.
• Honored at the 7th annual conference of cardiology society at India, Karnataka chapter on 12th September 2009 (children heart foundation CSI oration)
• More than 16 awards received from IMA of Goa, Belgaum, Hubli KLE MRC, Kholapur, Sangli for delivering oration on various Cardio Thoracic lessons and their management.
• Delivered more than 500 lectures at different organizations to increase awareness of cardiac diseases.