Dr. Arun R Warrier is Consultant, Department of Medical Oncology, with 5 years of experience in comprehensive cancer care. He specialises in medical oncology and has special interest in gastro intestinal malignancies, lymphomas and stem cell transplantation. He believes in delivering compassionate cancer care to patients, with a multidisciplinary approach to determine an optimal and customized treatment pattern.
DM Medical Oncology| MD General Medicine| MBBS (Govt. Medical College, Calicut)
- Medical Oncology training at Adyar Cancer Institute, Chennai
- Madras Cancer Care foundation at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai
- Department of Oncology, Lakeshore Hospital, Cochin.
- Foresees Genomic Oncology as the next big thing in Cancer care
- Training in various malignancies, paediatric to adult and solid tumours to blood cancers at The Adayar Cancer Institute
- Has conducted CMEs in collaboration with IMA and various social organizations
- Actively involved in cancer prevention, screening programmes and Continuing Medical Education endeavours
- Internal Medicine training has gives added advantage when treating patients with multiple comorbidities.
- Adopts a comprehensive and compassionate treatment style with a multidisciplinary team approach and hence involves professionals from other modalities like surgical oncology and radiation oncology
- Intends to provide personalized cancer care, in a holistic manner
- Determines optimal treatment suited to the patient, keeping in mind the patient profile and several other parameters to reach narrow therapeutic spectrum
- Educates the importance of pre-treatment Counselling and involvement of Counsellors to the patients to help them navigate through the seemingly complicated and stressful period of cancer care
- Promotes active discussion with patients about the various options available and helps them to take an informed decision.
- Strong advocate of protocol based treatment according to standard guidelines
- In advanced cases, where cure is not possible, tries to provide meaningful palliation of symptoms thus improving the quality of life of the patient
- Participated in various programmes to educate people about the necessity of a healthy diet and lifestyle as well as avoidance of carcinogens, the main one being tobacco
- Proficient in English, Hindi, Malayalam and Tamil